Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Civilians!

My work/craft balance is shifting, so I'm sad to post less frequently but I'm working on some Air Force challenges that I've never seen before.  It's fun and stressful and difficult to learn something new, but I'm on it!  I'm a full-up military girl, so I haven't worked very frequently with the civilian side of the personnel world.  It's a whole new ballgame...different rules, different methods, different problems.  Mind you, this isn't even "civilian" civilian, it's my fellow Air Force civilians...I can't even imagine what it's like in the "outside" world!  haaaaaaaaaa

Anyway, in line with the new business I'm learning, I'm also experimenting in my craftiness with something new (to me):  memory wire.  I never really thought much of it, but my local bead bud, Joanne, showed me some cool rubber tubing she has in her shop and a sample one of her folks made with it.  I immediately bought some and went to town.

Here's my first piece...a fun little "soup" of vintage, paper, stone & wire highlighted with the black tubing.  I love it...



Then, I decided to keep on with the beads in a monochromatic piece:

It's a whole different feeling in a bunch of pinks...


And, in a wonderful twist, one of the ladies from my office, Ms. Susie, who is our in-house Civilian Personnel expert, bought this little pinkie piece and was wearing in this week while we waded through various HR issues and drama!  How cool is that?!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I really like both of the bracelets, but especially the pink one. Ms. Susie is one lucky lady to have bought that bracelet.
    I have been out for 9 years now and I still feel like I am adjusting to the "civilian" world. It is really different that is for sure! I hope you are having a great time learning your new job and working with the Air Force "Civilians". Good luck and have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color and bead combinations. Good to hear from, always thinking of you and your family as I listen to the news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them - both are real fun and definitly my colors:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rick is a military civilian, if that makes sense (retired Chief, now a contractor) but working with non-military civilians, and he often comes home tearing his hair out. You two would probably get on quite well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews