Sunday, January 23, 2011

Vintage Ladybugs

I was working at Bead Haven last night with Joanne and we had a fantastic night rearranging displays so she could put out a huge selection of vintage beads.  I was absolutely drooling as she pulled out bag of vintage glass strands...seriously, I realized I was basically standing at her elbow for five minutes just staring and coveting until she finally looked and me with that "there are things you could be doing" look.  haaaaaaaaaaa 

My favorites are these big ceramic tubes with crazy, funky ladybugs!! They're huge, but I want them all!! (I settled for buying six of them when we closed up shop.) I've never seen anything like these before, and I've seen a lot of beads. If any of you are coveting and need one or a dozen, let me know and I'll go shop for you. haaaaaaaaaaa
Lovely winter cuticles help demonstrate the size of these cuties.
Don't they make you want to go macrame?

8 comments:

  1. Neat vintage beads! They have given me an idea for some glass ones - off to the torch - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooooooh! They do make me wanna remember my macrame skills! I have to be careful because I'm already running out of room for my crafting supplies! How lucky are you!?!??! VERY! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeeeehhhhhhh - why is there a big wet patch on the table right under my face now? Have to rush to BeadHaven ...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really fun! I can't wait to see what you do with them!
    Enjoy the day, Jen.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute!! Don't you love private shopping before everyone else gets their grubby hands on your stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool beads indeed. I can't wait to see what you make with them. I am so glad you blog is back online I tried to read it yesterday and it kept saying it was gone!
    Shannon C

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are such neat beads. I love lady bugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews