Saturday, January 29, 2011

Art Bead Scene: Copper River

The Art Bead Scene challenge for this month was focused on a painting that has amazing texture, flowing movement, and wonderful color.  I decided to pick up on those themes and feature this lampwork focal from Lisa New that has texture, movement and lines all in one piece.  Playing around with some copper and coiling and squiggling gave me the idea to create a unique bail shape and make this one special bead into a pendant. 


January 597 ABS
I have a problem with overdoing a design sometimes.  I keep putting more and more into it and then the focus of the piece isn't on what's most special about it.  In this case I think I did right by the Lisa bead with a complementary bit of wire and then some simpler bits of ribbon, leather, and chain.  I didn't make the scroll chain (even though some commenters asked if I did.)  It came from Kansas City while I was visiting my in-laws.  I found a link for some, though, here.

January ABS 588

Because I was loving on the ribbon and wire, I continued on and made up a pretty matching bangle on a brass base.

Jan ABS - Flowing River

Lisa's having a sale in her Etsy shop until the end of January, just in case you're interested.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your use of the wire to create the river. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your aesthetic, Jen. And that bead is fantastique!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews