Monday, January 17, 2011

Playing Wire Freestyle

I joined the Bead Haven team at a show on Saturday at the Hampton Convention Center.  It was a long, long day as shows tend to be, but I got to be the demonstrating designer of the day, so I got to sit most of the time!  haaaaaaaaaa

I spent most of the time on crimping and stringing since it was easier to have those supplies, but there was also some wire coiling and wrapping on the schedule.
I haven't done much with wire like this lately because I usually use sterling silver and that is just waaaaay too expensive to play with nowadays.  But, I picked up some 16g plated wire that Joanne, my BHBF (Bead Haven Boss & Friend), keeps in stock for people like me to try.  I was afraid it would be too hard and my pliers would dig into the finish too much, but, as it turned out...it was just fine!  And, I just sort of went freestyle, added some coils, and came up with some pretty funky designs.

I'm kind of excited to try some more--especially with the gold-tone metal since I did up a quick swirly pair for Margo, the third member of the team manning the booth on Saturday.  I was surprised at how nicely they finished up!  I wouldn't say I have my groove completely back, but it feels good to come up with something new and unique, that's for sure.  :)

4 comments:

  1. You got your groove girl! Very cool earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally digging the freestyle, Jen! That suits you to a "T"!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are funky and cool! I like them and would wear them on my funky cool days...like when I have to show up for jury duty. Or my first day of class to throw off my students. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them! Funky and totally wearable. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews