Monday, May 31, 2010

The Lion in the Valley

This post is dedicated to my my fellow servicemembers who are doing the good work for America and its Allies...especially Curt and the rest of the PRT in Panjshir.  :)


With Afghanistan on my mind most days, this is my lapis and lion piece that I designed with Curt in mind.  I picked up the lion beady from Artybecca who posted a few more feline pics the other day.  Plus, the color inspiration for mixing the smokey quartz with the rich blue Afghan lapis came from Cindy Gimbrone who had a great post on Monday featuring that color combo.


Here's a recent photo from Panjshir...

(Left to right) Mohammad "Marshal" Qasim Fahim, Afghanistan first vice president; James DeHart, U.S. Department of State and Provincial Reconstruction Team Panjshir director; Khalid Siddiqi, PRT Panjshir political advisor; and U.S. Air Force Lt. Col. Curtis Velasquez, PRT Panjshir commander, talk during a May 20 meeting at Fahim's home in the Khenj District.



You can read more about this meeting and tons of other things happening in Afghanistan and around the world at the DVIDS website.

I'm not the only one with my mind on the comings and goings of folks in Afghanistan. Over on Summers Studio blog, you'll hear the love and concern of a mom whose son is in the Kunar Province.

Many thanks for your prayers, good wishes, and support. 

Jen

5 comments:

  1. I love the pendant.

    And I've been reading a lot of war-related and military-related books, so I have my mind on our troops a lot lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous piece- I love Becca's new stuff! Thanks for sharing about your husband! Please tell him we are thinking of him and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and other families and all the husbands, wives, sons, daughters, brothers and sisters away from their loved ones. Praying for their safe return home. You are not alone! Blue and brown is a great color combination, nice piece. I think of you every time I come across Lapis Lazuli. Have a good day and a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thanks Jen. Sending extra love, hugs, and prayers to Panjshir and to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's too precious! I love it! I thought of you and everyone else who have families serving all over the world...be safe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews