Monday, March 22, 2010

A Little Birdie Told Me...Go See The Perch

During my spring break week (no school!  Whoo hooo!) there was nothing but art and spring and old episodes of House going on at the Velasquez homestead.  Thanks to all that House watching, I'm convinced everytime I have an itch that it's some sort of disease and I start checking myself out for other symptoms.  Nice.  haaaaaaaaaa  So, to escape for a bit, I made a little roadtrip to Auburn to visit a bead shop I'd heard about on the radio:  The Perch Bead Studio.  I had some preconceived notions about the place....thinking...college town, youthful, hip, cute, fun.  Well, I wasn't disappointed!

This is a pic of the shoppe from the website.  Isn't it cute?!

As soon as I walked in, I knew I could sit right down and start getting my bead groove on.  Ainsley, the sweetest freshman ever who was working the shop for the evening, chatted with me and the other girls who were poring through the little bowls of goodness.

The Perch has a definite focus on things that are pretty, dainty, eclectic, fun, and special...you can see it in the shabby chic design (I watch a lot of TLC, so I know what that is) and the selection of beads.  Lots of faceted pretties, petite briolettes, and unique colors.  The ideas around the shop are fun, funky, and pretty...I'm not putting any pics of their original designs here so you can go see them on the website!  :)  Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the big classroom in the back.  Lots of sunshine through the windows and inspiration boards full of great pictures, magazine clips, and fun bits of motivation.

You want to see what I bought?  That's the best part, you know.  Plus, you have to see the cutie little birdie bags that nestled my new treats.

Pretty faceted bits...
Check out the vintage enameled flower...

I love supporting small business and with a shop as cute as this, it's easy to do.  :)  And, just so you know, I haven't met Barbara Birdsong, the owner, so I'm just blogging about The Perch 'cause I want to, not because I'm getting any kickbacks! haaaaaaaa  :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great shop! I love how they display the strands of beads. What cute little bags to hold all of your wonderful purchases in. You bought some wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Pretty! I love bead shops--how did you get out of there with so FEW?!?!?!? That's the secret I want to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Wish I lived closer, I would be a regular at the Perch! :)

    Love your blog Jen! In spirit of sharing the love, I just gave you a blog award! Your new posts always make me smile and I wanted to share my love of your blog with my followers!

    Check it out and feel free to pass the love around to some of your favorite blogs!
    http://designsbydawnmarie.blogspot.com/2010/03/id-like-to-thank.html

    I'm waiting with baited breath to see the beads you made with Juls the other day... :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews