Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wacky Chunky Air Force Blue

I want to share some good beadiness with you...

One of my Favity McFave bead makers totally hooked me up! I said "wacky chunky disks" in a an "Air Force Blue sort of color combination" and look what Heather from HMB Studios made me!!!!

Aren't these just gorgeous?! Talk about aiming high...these are so much better than I could have even figured on.

So, why do I want Air Force blue beads? Well, there's this big Air Force Charity Ball that the Air Force Officers' Wives' Club puts on in the D.C. area to benefit the Air Force Aid Society. I got the opportunity to go last year (thanks to my bud, Wayne) and it was an absolutely wonderful five-star event. Much champagne and a fantastic meal, all while wearing a sweet mess dress uniform, led to a fantastic shopping experience in the silent auction. I decided that night that I really wanted to donate a super-fantastic-fancy piece of jewelry for the next year...which is now this year. I wanted a challenge, so I figured I'd go with an Air Force blue theme, hence, the beads! I still have a little design time, thank goodness, so I can figure out the best way to show off these beauties.

Wish me luck! :)

4 comments:

  1. A fantastic collection of beads. Enjoy creating. please share the final piece with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are a DYNAMITE group of beads. You are sure to rock it out Miss Jen!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are drop dead gorgeous - wonderful color to pick - can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews