Friday, November 28, 2008

Thankful for Great Rocks...

...and my new tumbler!

As I sit here on the couch at the end of my post-Thanksgiving day off, I'm enjoying the sound of shot and silver tumbling in my kitchen. This tumbler is the newest addition to my arsenal of jewelry-making tools. We'll see what happens in a few hours when I open it up and check out the results.

In the meantime, I had a wonderful afternoon in my workshop trying out all sorts of bead combinations for some really fun results. My proudest accomplishment of the day, however, was to finally finish my special holiday piece--a necklace featuring opal, chalcedony, quartz, clay, and rock crystal along with some hand-swirled sterling silver and some hand-knotted leather. I have spent weeks on this! I had a vision, but it wasn't quite working itself out, so I had to take lots of breaks. I am thrilled with the finished product! So, I'm wearing it out tonight along with some dangly opal earrings I whipped up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews