Sunday, October 19, 2008

Adding Some 'Billy to the Rocks

I was given a design challenge by a friend: big colors for a friend who wears almost all black and expresses her funky, rockabilly style through her accessories. Hmmm...I got home from work on Friday, thinking of the big round glass turquoise beads that I had in my stash. I tried to take a nap, but couldn't stop thinking of these beads and the potential for some colored-wire wrapping to liven them up. So, sleepy me went downstairs and started in on the colored wire with much delight. That was Friday and while the adventure with wire was wonderful, I'm saving those pieces for later.

The color experimentation, though, brought out the turquoise glass again, but this time mixed it with red--coral and seed beads. I couldn't help but grab the black and white beans to add the 'billy to the rocks. Mind you, I'm not a fashion expert, no matter how much Style network I watch, but I love this end result. It might not meet the needs of the customer I had in mind, but it definitely meets the needs of my inner bean/bead artist!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews