Thursday, October 15, 2015

Castle Climb in Landstuhl

It was another cool day in Germany yesterday, but I was still able to get out and be inspired by some of the shapes, textures, and scenery.  The handy GPS helped me find Burg Nanstein, the castle that overlooks Landstuhl, a town very close to Ramstein.  I didn't do much climbing on the trails, but I was able to pay a couple of euro and wander through the castle ruins enjoying a very peaceful adventure way above the town.

On the way up the hill, I passed the Schloss Hotel and stopped there on the way back down to get a little warm up in their cafe.  A sweet macchiato was the perfect partner with my sketchbook as I used one of the photos to inspire some drawing in my art journal.


It was a grey day, but I painted it a little brighter.  Why?  Just because I can!  haaaaaa  It's my book!


I am getting a little tired of wearing all the same clothes every day because I've been layering all the "fall" clothes I bought not anticipating the cool weather.  But, Paris will bring some new items, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews