Thursday, May 22, 2014

Goodbye Rollback Dude!

When I was 21 I had the brilliant idea to get a tattoo.  I was stationed at Sheppard Air Force Base, learning my trade as a Finance troop at tech school, so I apparently needed to blow off some steam.  Orange is my favorite color and I love to laugh, so what better than an orange happy face on my bikini line.

I'm no longer in my twenties (or my thirties) but I still laughed every time I saw that happy face because it reminded me of fun times and crazy decisions.  Then, someone took a close look at it, if you know what I mean, and decided that it looked like the Walmart Rollback happy face!  I laughed and laughed...it's still funny to me.  I told him that I'd get it covered up if he paid for it.

So, I redeemed my wonderful Valentine's Day present a couple of weeks ago!  Thank you, Kirk!

It's my design of a funky cool flower that centers on a happy face.
I had a great Friday night with my artist, Joshua Sisk, at Ivory Tiger Tattoo.  He was a little hesitant about the details at first, but he really made my vision shine!  He used my art to create the transfer.

And then he spent about two and half hours with his hands in my pants...haaaaaaaaaa.  Well, not really, but close to it.  For whatever reason, I was feeling all sexy in my early 20's and thought it'd be cool to have it on my bikini line.  So, I had a painful reminder of how sensitive that skin can be after some serious ink art attention.
It has been two weeks and the lines are clear and beautiful.  I'm thrilled with the results and thinking it might need some color in a bit...we shall see!

I'll spare you the detailed picture up close...somebody paid big money to have that privilege! haaaaaaaaaaa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews