Thursday, February 23, 2012

Virginia Beach Birdie

How has it been a week since I posted?  I'll have to chalk it up to work and play, I guess!  I've been doing a lot of knitting, lately, so that keeps my hands and brain busy in the evenings which I love.  I taught myself back before Christmas so I could make a few gifts and now I have more yarn then I'll use in years because I just can't stop buying pretty colors and textures!  I found a great group of gals through meetup.com and have been getting together most Wednesday nights to stitch and bitch.  They're wonderfully generous with their skill and advice so I've actually started on my first knitted baby blanket and I think I can actually do it!


Curt and I spent the weekend down in Virginia Beach for a little off-season weekend getaway.  It was a great little bed and breakfast just three blocks from the sand that I'd highly recommend...The Beach Spa Bed and Breakfast.  We got a chance to walk on the beach a bit, so here's my pic of the week for Project 52:
I used an original Kim Klassen texture called "shine" when I processed it in Photoshop Elements.  The eye's a little creepy but I love the webbed feet.

Happy Thursday!

Jen

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun - your knitting group sounds cool! Love that photo, too

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews