Monday, April 18, 2011

Beach Day Photos

I'm on vacation today!  It has been such a fabulous day off.  Curt and I actually got up and went out to Buckroe Beach for a walk.  The sun is shining, a breeze is blowing, and I'm not at work:  all is right with the world.  


As we were walking out of the apartment building Curt turned to ask me if I wanted to bring my camera.  How sweet is that?  He was watching out for my creative brain that didn't even think about the camera before we left.  He even ran back up to get it.  What a doll!  


So, here are a few shots from our little walk down in the sand...


Love the purplish smooth lines of the shell next to the amber stones and other rough shell fragments.


Under the boardwalk down by the Chesapeake...


Just a little bit of color in the piles of "ocean stuff" on the shore.


The beauty of worn and empty


Some cool signage on the way home.


Cheers to another seven days off!!!  Whoo hooo!!  I'm going to take some of these photos over to Picnik and see what I can come up with.  Or, maybe I should actually learn to use the Photoshop Elements software that I bought!

9 comments:

  1. Jen, these are wonderful photos just the way they are! What kind of camera do you use? Love the skeleton of a shell one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! I also love your new banner pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, we are neighbors! I didn't realize that we were so close, I'm on the Eastern Shore, are you going to Art and Soul hampton? Maybe we'll meet. Great pix, did you get a good macro for next sunday???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun beach photos! Love those micro shells!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new banner picture is bee-yoo-ti-ful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews