Thursday, October 29, 2009

Blue Rock Special

I'm thinking Air Force...thinking blue! I learned lots about negotiating while spending time in a big blue auditorium. I should be spending time now reading about British air power advocates, but I'm sticking with my own blue adventures right here. :)

For today's challenge in Heather's Fun with Focals week, it's all about the chain. And, not in the chain that goes around your neck...it's about adding chain to the main event!

Here's my "Blue Rock Special" necklace!


First, there's a big agate slice. This baby has been sitting in my drawer for ages. I just couldn't figure out how to make it work with other beads. Alas, the chain solution! I used some silver-plated chain to create a couple of loops and added some additional decor with a recycled glass bead, a nice Kazuri clay round and then finished off the bottom with a bit of sodalite. It's not petite, but it sure does the job!!!

My sources:
- Agate slice - Original Beads, in La Villita, San Antonio, Texas
- Kazuri - Off the Beading Path, Occoquan, VA
- Recycled Glass - Happy Mango Beads, on-line
- Chain - Michael's, too close to my house!
- Leather necklace - Rings & Things, on-line

1 comment:

  1. That is the most brilliant blue, and it would have stumped me too! I love this!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews