Friday, August 7, 2009

Long and Lean-ish

There's a weird smell in the air here around Maxwell, so every time I drive through the gate, and I get a whiff of that familiar scent, I'm immediately transported back to my Officer Training School days and I remember the crazy stress, the great friends, and my fanatical working out. Life has changed since then. Well, I still have some odd stressors; I still have fantastic friends, but my working out is far from fanatical. haaaaaaaaa

So, I'm getting back in the swing of things and hitting the gym! Why is this important to my bead world? Because now all my thinking is about lean and mean! As I sit here drinking coffee (with only Splenda and no cream...not my fave, but less Weight Watcher points) I'm thinking about this design that floated out of my brain last night. It's much longer and leaner than my usual big chunky designs. Could it be I'm actually thinking skinnier even in my subconscious! That's hilarious!



I wanted to focus on summer casual because the heat is a bit stifling here and there was a back to school function at the elementary school down the street which means summer's almost over! Plus, it's nice to think about the gorgeous beaches of Hawaii. I fondly remember the breezes and and the drinks and the sand and the cool, clear water...and, of course, the great bead shop. haaaaaaaa I came up with a combination of semi-precious stones, glass, and shell into a bunch. But, instead of making a big, wide piece, as is my habit, I saw a gorgeous Sonoran glass circle and immediately thought of a clasp that would be front and center. I whipped up a quick silver hook to work with it and, hoila!
I put it on immediately and even with pajamas, it's slim but still exciting. I love it!

4 comments:

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews