Monday, January 12, 2009

Giddy from Peyote!

Another great product of my weekend was some freeform peyote. And, yes, it has to do with beads and not some sort of specially enhanced meditation. haaaaaaaaaaaaa

One of my artist friends, Susi, came over and we ended up spending hours and hours working around my dining room table. My only request was that I wanted to learn peyote--a technique using seed beads and thread--so I could try something new. Well, we both ended up well into freeform tangents that ended beautifully! I was all over the map and that's good for this sort of project. I only spilled a little bit of wine...

So, waking up after hours of productivity, on Sunday morning I was eager to get back to it so I could come up with my interpretation of moon rocks for another entry into the Del Ray show. Well, here it is...a silvery bracelet featuring moonstone (really, that's what the little white beads are called), mica, quartz, and lots of glass seed beads.

I've always had a thing for lots of texture, so I'm thrilled with the colors and flow of this baby. Now I can't wait to start something else with a whole new combination of colors, textures, and flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews