Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bead Soup Memory Lane...

With the big reveal for the Bead Soup Party coming up on the 26th, I thought it'd be a good time to take a look back at some old party pics.

A year ago, during the first Bead Soup party hosted by Lori Anderson, I was the luckiest designer ever because I got paired up with Julie Nordine from Credit River Art Glass.  I was in awe of Julie's work and wasn't sure I could really design anything up to her standard.  But, then I amazed myself with what I came up with.  Even better, she amazed me with the fun twists and turns she took with my polymer clay bits during her reveal post.  I loved up on her glass in my post.  I still love this photo of Julie's creation from February 2010.


I again struck it lucky on the second go around in June 2010 when I met Cindy Dolezal.  She sent me an absolutely gorgeous green organic pendant that she crafted from clay.  I made it my own by mixing it with orange.  More importantly, Cindy loved on the recycled glass spiral shape and actually ended up using it as a clasp...that's so out of the box!  Here's her original soup post from that swap...and here's mine.

It has been fantastic getting to know these lovely ladies better and following their work throughout the year. So, many thanks again to Lori, the Bead Soup Master and to my two inspiring Soup compadres, Julie & Cindy. 
I can't wait to show off what I made from my Judy Soup!!  If you want a hint, check out my blog banner for this month... :)

3 comments:

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews