Thursday, April 22, 2010

Featuring Porcelain

Like I said yesterday, the Beads 2010 magazine really got me inspired.  So, I decided tonight would be a Joan Miller porcelain kind of evening.  Now if you've ever seen her work, you know she makes some fantastically detailed pieces (and if you haven't seen her work, then you should click over and check out her website.)  But, I was feeling a little more simple-minded when I pawed through the bins on her table at BFW so I have a few less ornate pieces to work with.  So, here are a couple more designs that are now available in my JenJuddRocks Etsy shop.

First is this Orangina Necklace...

The pendant and the coordinating ring are both from Joan Miller.  And, because one artist isn't enough, I also added some etched lampwork glass from Pennsylvania girl, Sue, from SueBeads.  Copper keeps the orange spirit up and then leather keeps it casual.

For the lobes, here are some earrings...

The small Joan Miller porcelain rings are the highlight of this pair.  But, there's also a little leather and some teardrop beads from Sonoran Glass (who are also in the magazine!)

In the spirit of sharing, I've got to give you two more things...first, if you haven't seen the Beads of Clay blog then you need to check it out.  And second, a while back I created some resource lists and want to share the Ceramic & Porcelain list again.  Plus, you can always see the box over on the right-hand side of my blog that links to the originally posted lists.

3 comments:

  1. It's nice to see some knotting with the earrings--you don't see that technique very often. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely delicious! I love how you put it all together, copper was the perfect metal!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews