Monday, August 10, 2009

Voluptuous Waves

For the August Challenge at the Art Bead Scene the inspiration artwork is The inspiration for this month's challenge is a beautiful woodcut print, Kanagawa oki nami ura (Great Wave off of Kanagawa) by Hokusai Katsushiki.

This flows with my thoughts from last week of Hawaiian beaches and sandy pleasures. So, in a similar style of last week's leanish piece, I focused on the art bead focal of a lovely voluptuous woman by beadfreaky. After delving into the ocean of my bead stash I came up with some other great beads and bits to complement this lady...lampwork glass disks by HMB Studios, some faux beach glass that's actually lightweight resin, a couple of Kazuri beads and a handmade African paper bead, plus there are two other lampwork glass beads that I got ages ago on Ebay and can't for the life of me remember who the artists are...but they're perfect for this project! Another glittering glass ring from Sonoran Beads adds some class to the clasp when combined with a handmade silver hook.

The combination of all these pieces along with some knotted leather makes a great organic statement. The power of the waves are demonstrated here in the power of the female form in all its curvy glory!
I love the final look's balanced asymmetry; its combination of cool and warm organic hues; and the fun mix of beads that I could pull from my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews