Monday, October 31, 2011

A little lavender for ma

I had a frustrating day at work, as usual, but I was really, really excited to get home and work on the next lesson in my Elements class.  I didn't exactly stick with the theme of today when working on my own project, but I think it says something that I was confident enough to move into new effects on my own, so that makes me happy.


This is some lovely lavender that was in a planter along the street in Tacoma when I visited a couple of months ago.  Lavender always makes me think of my mom and that makes me happy.  I get to go home in a couple of weeks to see all my aunts, uncles, cousins, and kids and such.  I'm so excited!!!  
Here's the before picture, which isn't all that bad, but I love how the yellow warms it up and the highlights are brighter in the edited version.
I think I need some Skinny Cow.  I broke my promise to myself that I wouldn't eat any candy today, but that didn't work out so well.  I'll be back to the gym in the morning, though, and will give it some extra oomph to make up for the 3 extra musketeers that became a large part of my afternoon.  I know ya'll know what I'm talking about...don't pretend that all those little candy wrappers in your trash are from your kids!  haaaaaaaaaaa

3 comments:

  1. I love lavender! I have to confess, that I bought candy early...my hubs and I ate a bunch, so I bought more today, just in case...but then hid it ;) Butterfingers and Reese cups....arrrgh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, some of those candy wrappers are mine. Which is why I"m glad my kids chose not to go to Trunk or Treat tonight. So I must have missed something..what is the elements class about?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the processing on this lavender pic! It was hard for me to handle the Reeses pumpkins, sort of like a vampire in close contact with a human, but I started a diet 10 days ago and am REALLY trying to stick to it! I have to admit though, we made pumpkin butter and i licked the spoon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews