Saturday, June 16, 2012

Dear Daddy,

Every day when I'm taking my little indoor bike ride, I think of you and the thousands of miles you've gone on your two wheels.  I may not be moving forward, but it still gives me time to reflect on things and enjoy a little peace.


Today I'm reflecting on the creativity you helped me grow.  I thank you for the abilities you helped foster that make it a little easier to think and make and draw and design and imagine and create.  Those things shape nearly everything in my life, not just when I'm sitting in front of a blank piece of paper or in front of a pile of beads.  Being able to move my thinking outside the box and change perspectives has made me the leader I am today.  It influences everything from how I put an Excel spreadsheet together to how I try to get my team to solve major problems.  My personal life may seem kind of a shambles at times, but I still have the confidence to come up with some kind of interesting solution...and that's because I know you'll always be there behind me.


Baby JenYou showed me that reading and learning is a natural part of life.  It took me a while to realize that not everyone values those things, so when I read something cool or get that "click" in my mind when something falls into place, I know how special it is.  Even though you're esoteric tendencies will always be out of my reach, at least I can still reach.  :)  


I just wanted you to know how much you influence things I do every single day...even if I don't call and tell you all that often.  :)


I'm going to go biking now...in your honor on this Father's Day.


Love,


Jenny

2 comments:

  1. What a great picture!

    Just a quick note to let you know I nominated you for the "one lovely blog award."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews