Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Missing My Blog Family!

I can't believe it has been over a week since I last posted!!  But, alas, I have been moving my household...including two ridiculous cats and a boatload of crafty stuff...and am finally down to just a few boxes left in my cute/tiny apartment.  I've been living without connectivity for a while...other than my little phone...and that has felt just about crippling for communicating. But, the cable people girl was here last night and now I'm back in action!!

I've been down to Bead Haven a few times to chat with Joanne and plan my first teaching gig...whoo hooo!  I'm starting small with an asymmetric bracelet class and I'm so excited to do some research and paw through everything she has in the store.  haaaaaaaaa  That's coming up in a couple of weeks.  Plus, I have a holiday weekend coming up so that means lots of time for beach strolling and being inspired in the morning with hot afternoons in the coolness of the workshop.  I'm soooo looking forward to it.

In the meantime, I actually found some time before I left Alabama to shoppity shop.  It's all about the orange on these Donna Millard beads.  There's a matching focal, too, that's just sooooo sweet!


Plus, the antique and flea markets back in my hometown, Bedford, Pa., provided lots of distractions while I was home visiting.  I can't wait to show you the vintage goodies I found!

I have to get ready for a little PT before it gets up to the 100's again...great.  :)

7 comments:

  1. Glad you got moved in safe & sound Jen! Love the Donna Miller beads... how beauteous are they? You could almost eat them! :) Stay cool darlin!

    {Hugs!}
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your time at home in PA was heavenly (especially with your Mom's cooking!)...can't wait to see your vintage finds. We always love to go antiquing in PA...always wonderful things there to be found. Congrats on your new teaching opportunity...and just think, you can walk to "work"!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some fabulous beads! Missed you--but moving's always a pain in several strategic parts of the body. *grins* Especially moving with cats!
    Welcome back and I'm looking forward to your crafty tales of adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurry up and get settled in~ we miss ya too!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful colors - the heat has been horrible, hasn't it? i loved your piece on abs - you did a wonderful job with heather's beads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been missed. Thanks for the sneek peek at those awesome lampwork beads. I hope you post what you make with them and the focal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are moving closer to the DC area. Those lampwork beads are amazing. I would go crazy if I was without internet access..!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews