Thursday, April 21, 2011

Connecting in my hometown for an art show opportunity

I'm at home in my sweet little town of Bedford, Penna. on vacation.  Part of my "work assignments" for the week is meeting up with Heidi, who runs the shop at the Bedford County Arts Council Building.  There are now a ton of my finished jewelry pieces available for sale there.  She has done great work organizing the shop to feature work from all kinds of local artists:  photography, textiles, painting, prints, glass...you name it.  I'm thrilled to be a part of the group!

I have a message to pass on to all my crafty, artisan friends out there who may be near enough to Bedford and are interested in a smaller show in June.  The Arts Council is sponsoring "Arts on the Square" in downtown Bedford.  It used to be a one-day event, but to make it more worthwhile for exhibitors, it's now two days.  This year it's on Saturday and Sunday, June 25th and 26th.

This is a shot of my brother, a portrait artist,  doing a sketch of my mom.  :)  It's a family affair!
I realize the show is just around the corner, but still wanted to pass along the word because they're looking for about 10 more craftsmen/artists.  If I had the leave to spare, I'd be there, but instead I'm just doing some networking.  They don't have anyone who does lampwork or polymer clay nor do they have anyone who is just selling beads.  Plus, out of the 20 vendors they already have lined up, only three are jewelry--they try to keep the jewelry "competition"tough. :)

Please click on this link: Arts on the Square for more information or if you just want to find out more about the art community in my little town!

1 comment:

  1. A local arts council is a great resource. I just met with the folks who run the art council in my county.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews