Monday, March 2, 2009

Mardi Gras in Mookaite

So I'm a little late for Mardi Gras, but this is a festive piece featuring the purples & golds of mookaite. I used several shapes of mookaite and included some Indonesian glass. I also dug some special glass beads out of my stash: there are perfectly gold & purple handmade discs by Heather Boardman and some gorgeous little lampworked rounds from Lisa New.
I've been studying color theory lately and trying to move away from my normal analogous tendencies. For those who don't dork out on beads like I do, that means I gravitate towards colors that are similar--near each other on the color wheel. If you really dig my work, you'll see that this is actually an analogous scheme, too, since it stays on the warm side--red through yellow--but at least I didn't use orange, like I usually do! haaaaaaaa


The other bonus about this piece is that I found another way to get a squiggle in there!!! On that note, I'm going to be teaching my first classes on April 4th at Off the Beading Path...more to follow soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews