Sunday, June 29, 2008

Coilio!!

A few weeks ago I took a class from local artist Jeanette Blix up at Bead Obsessions in Old Town Alexandria...well, I finally got to use some of my new coiling skills!! I had an absolute blast today working next to Maddie on these great projects!!

First, here's an Egyptian coil in silver with some simple glass and stones. A really pretty aquamarine rock mixed up with some agate and a neat combination of a recycled glass roundel and a handmade glass disk. Threw it on a simple leather choker and love it!!



The next two pieces have some big lovely Lisa New handmade glass beads that are gorgeous!! I mixed them up with some other glass bits from around my table and some simple stones...got those Egyptian coils going and they came out beautifully!! Purple and green...a natural combination?? I love it!!
I went out jogging yesterday--I struggled a bit in the heat (even with some new shoes) but came back with an idea for these great glass flower-shaped beads I found down in Fredericksburg at BeadL*Jewlz. Since I feel more comfortable with wire, I did some wrapped loops on a few beads and strung them on another, bigger, wrapped loop that became the center of the flower. The end results were these great pendants!
Thanks for checking out my coilio goodies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews