Sunday, June 22, 2008

Bustin' Out

Again a long break from the beading table...and now I'm back!

I worked on projects for some lovely ladies at work. First, a fun charm bracelet featuring Brighton alphabet charms. I found all sorts of lovely glass to bring it all together--furnace beads, vintage Japanese beads, and some Lisa New handmade gems.




Then, more Lisa New glass combined with some random glass bits and sterling silver wire. I took a fantastic class a couple of weeks ago at my local bead shop, Bead Obsessions, in Old Town Alexandria, and learned an absolute ton of good stuff about working with wire from Jeannette Blix (link to her blog's on the left). I tried out some swirls and twists and hammering...only have one injury! haaaaaaaaa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews