Monday, January 7, 2013

I Faced the Blank Paper....

...and I didn't back down!   

I've been wanting to "doodle" in a productive, meaningful way for a while.  But, it's a little intimidating.  I bought myself a new book, Doodles Unleashed by Traci Bautista.  I liked the bright colors and text when I was wandering around Amazon.  I spent Sunday afternoon thumbing through and thinking.  Then, I used the book as an excuse to buy some new markers and paper.  (Because 48 paper pads on my dresser aren't enough, apparently.)

Using Traci's book for inspiration, I wanted to think about layers and color.  So, for tonight's projects I used some waterbrushes.  They're a really cool combo of brush and water container all in one that I heard about at an art journaling get together.  (I used Niji brushpens that I got on Amazon.)  I used them with some Prismacolor nupastels and colored my heart out.  I'm thrilled with the way the colors mixed and the pens were super-easy to use.  I'm going to layer on some other colors, textures and whathaveyou, but that's for another evening.  For now I'm going to eat some of my ma's manicotti.  I love raiding my parents' freezer!

2 comments:

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews