Monday, August 16, 2010

Tada!

There's a thing about bead people...we just have a sort of sense and can seek each other out.  Then we can go on and on over little bits of stone and glass as though they're the greatest things on earth.  It's pretty cool...non-bead people just don't understand!  haaaaaaaaa

With the move to Hampton, I've been discovering new bead people left and right.  This weekend I had another great visit with Tammy at Tada Artisans Boutique!  We found each other via Facebook and then I visited her Chesapeake gallery and bead shop...it's easy to see how her passion has taken over her life by the racks and racks of beads that extend all the way into her office space.  There were truly some "tada!" moments as  I browsed for about an hour during that first visit!

Another thing about bead people is how much of a giving and sharing community there is around the craftiness.  Back on Facebook, when Tammy saw my Dad was raising money for another MS150 bicycle ride up in Pennsylvania, she stepped up and pledged a portion of the day's sales to his efforts.  How cool is that?!

Here's a photo of Dad and my sister, April, from their MS150 adventure in 2008.  

This year the rain and storms were crazy, but they successfully completed the course again!

I just wanted to say congratulations to the cyclists of Team Teeter and send a big thank you to my fellow bead girl, Tammy and Tada Artisans Boutique for the generous donation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews