Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Spring's a Great Time to String...

It's another great day on my local news stand!

The Spring issue of Stringing magazine is out and there's a pretty picture of a Jen Judd piece of work! I'm so excited! This is the necklace that I made featuring some old Venetian millefiori beads in a really pretty blue combined with some recycled Coke bottle glass, a few stones and some of Heather Boardman's glass discs. All the cool old and recycled beads are from Happy Mango Beads and you can see Heather's work at HMB Studios.

I really love working with recycled glass--the texture is fun to mix with smoother "new" lampworked glass or pearls. Plus, I don't often come across blue beads of any sort that "match" because there are so many variations in stone and glass color so to pull the blue-ish Coke bottle glass in with the millefiori was really a coup.


I hope you enjoy! Thanks to all for the love and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by...I would love to hear what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
Bedford, PA, United States
I'm a retiree/artist/student who makes things. It's a nice kind of lifestyle!

Total Pageviews