- Jade - for protection, healing, love, and power. It can also signify beauty, generosity, and purity.
- Jasper - for loyalty and inner strength. It also protects...from other people, outside forces and even from yourself. I used Ocean Jasper because of the great variety of colors & patterns
- Agate - for protection & healing. It fosters love, courage, bravery, and strength. I used Cherry Agate nuggets with rich orange tones.
- Carnelian - "a stone of action" that increases physical energy, personal power, confidence, motivation, concentration, boldness, initiative, emotional warmth, sociability, creativity, curiosity, compassion, courage.
- Red seed beads because in the Cherokee culture, red symbolizes "East" which means "success, triumph."
I focused on the number seven, as well, because for the Cherokee, seven is the most sacred number which represents the seven directions in life.
Because she won't be able to wear it in uniform, I made some smaller charms with the same stones so she can add them to her dogtag chain to derive the same spiritual guidance and protection.